Pages

Thursday, July 10, 2014

How to attach database MDF files with SQL Server tip #25

 

In this tip we will understand how to attach a database. I took Adventureworks2012 database Mdf file which we need to attach.

Now do follow steps

1) Open the sql server and right click on Database folder of object explorer window.

When you right click you will get a menu as shown below

Attach_Db_Option

2) When you click on Attach menu you will get a new window which is shown below

Attach_DB_Selections

3) Now I click on Add button  and select the Mdf file which you want to attach in my case I added Adventuresworks2012.mdf file which is on D drive. Once I added that file I  got following screen as shown below

Adventurework2012_Attach_MDF

4) Now click on OK button below when you click it your database will stored (attached)  in SQL Server as shown in figure

Database_Attached

Hope it will help you

Enjoy !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment